Speak up for librariesPublic libraries are facing an uncertain future. While austerity continues and the cuts bite deeper library services are needed more than ever. High quality libraries fight illiteracy, support learners and are essential services in communities across the country.
Speak Up For Libraries is a coalition of organisations working to protect library services and staff, now and in the future. We are holding a conference to support those that care about their libraries - including library users, campaigners and staff - to understand more about the challenges facing libraries, what can be done and to set a national agenda. The conference takes place 10am - 4.30pm on Saturday 23 November 2013 in central London.
At the conference you will...
- Hear what experts think what the future for public libraries looks like.
- Hear from senior figures in libraries about what their organisations are planning for the coming years.
- Meet Speak Up For Libraries organisations and talk to others about what they offer and their plans.
- Have the chance to ask speakers your questions.
- Discuss what local campaigns need.
- Set an agenda for campaigners and organisations to pursue.
Speak Up For Libraries organisations include the Campaign for the Book, CILIP: the Chartered Institute of Library & Information Professionals, The Library Campaign, UNISON and Voices for the Library.
To register please visit https://speakupforlibraries.eventbrite.co.uk/