Following on from the success of our Parliamentary lobby day in March, Speak Up For Libraries held a successful conference in central London on 10 November 2012 to champion public library services and library staff. The day-long event pulled together library campaigners and supporters from across the UK and gave them the opportunity to build on existing campaigning skills and tactics, share ideas and strategies, and focus on a way forward to make their local campaign as effective as possible, with the goal of ensuring library services are supported and protected, now and in the future.
The following presentations were given at the conference.
- Libraries and the law: SUFLConference2012_Legalworkshop
- Privatisation: SUFLConference2012_Privatisationworkshop
- Volunteer libraries: SUFL Conference 2012_volunteers workshop
- Influencing the decision makers: SUFLConference2012_Influencingdecisionmakersworkshop
- UNISON plenary: SUFLConference2012_UNISONplenary
This video was also filmed during the conference.